Ways to get involved
Achieving lasting change for Scotland’s children and young people in care is complex and challenging. It is a task which cannot be realised without listening to and taking account of the views of a whole host of people and organisations.
We want to hear from and talk to:
- Children and young people in care
- Care leavers – young and old
- Families and carers with experience of the care system
- Individuals and organisations working with and for vulnerable children and families
The Review has a number of stages until its completion in April 2019. In this stage, ‘Discovery’, we want to engage widely across Scotland to help define the vision then scope of the Care Review. Our actions and recommendations in the next stage (‘the Journey’) will be guided by what we learn in this stage.
If you want to be kept informed of the progress of the Review and find out about opportunities to be involved you can sign up for news updates.
Children and young people with care experience and care leavers
We understand you may find it difficult and emotional to talk about your experience.
We're working on lots of different ways for you to get involved and talk to us and we'll do everything we can to make sure these are straightforward, inclusive and supportive. Click on the images below for more information.
Do you work with or care for children and young people in care?
The wisdom of people is at the very heart of the Review and we recognise that we must listen to the knowledge, experience and evidence held by those working with and for care experienced children and families.
There are several ways for people who work with or care for children and young people in care to participate in the Review.
The Review Participation Pack has been developed for adults who have pre-existing relationships with people who are care experienced and want to:
1. Support and enable people with care experience to engage with the Review directly
2. Take up the mantel of gathering their views and voices and submitting these to the Review
‘Listening to You’ World Cafes
During September, there are events being held across Scotland where you can participate in world café sessions to respond to our Discovery questions:
- What would the best care system in Scotland look like to you? This will define the vision for the Review.
- What do you think a root and branch review of the care system should include? This will define the scope of the Review.
Listening to you online
If you are unable to attend any of these events you can also provide your response to the discovery questions via an online survey for people who care for or work with children and young people in care.